Dear Gerry ......

There was a May '04 post from Genyphyr Novak/SSA [inserted below]
about their OGS fix. It works, but the 'README' content mentioned by
Genyphyr demands a very time consuming implementation effort.
That makes the BMR approach much too expensive ... even for BPCS
users that have already paid the OGS invoice.

Unbeaten Path has invented an approach that mitigates every dimension
of the 'Adopted Rights' BPCS security problem. It's a pre-packaged
service at a very low fixed price. It's called 'Batten Down the Hatches'
        http://unbeatenpathintl.com/battendown/source/1.html

Here's a pre-BPCS-fix/post-BPCS-fix internal control confirmation
process your auditor would like:

 +> Run our 'Bill of Health Security Diagnostics and Rx for OS/400'
       software before fixing the BPCS security hole. Bill of Health
       would report a very large number of serious BPCS vulnerabilities
       (it just about lights up the side of the building).

 +> After BPCS security has been 'fixed,' run another Bill of Health
       report. This time you should get a "CLEAN" Bill of Health (at
       least with respect to the BPCS environment).

 +> Then prospectively, each time some sensitive aspect about your
       system changes or someone important leaves your company, run
       Bill of Health again to quickly identify any "net change" in your
       system security profile that demands attention.

A fully functional 'Bill of Health' demo is available.
        http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/BOH/source/1.html

Peace to you,

Bob Kohlndorfer
Unbeaten Path International