Well that last email did not come across very well - try this:

ERP Special Report Thursday, February 3, 2005

Gulp!
By Lauren Gibbons Paul
The upheaval in the ERP market continues. Not to worry. Here's how to navigate
through the uncertainty without putting your plans on indefinite hold.

It's not easy being an ERP software customer these days. Just keeping abreast
of the mergers and acquisitions in this space has become a job unto itself.
Oracle's epic -- and ultimately successful -- 18-month-long takeover battle for
PeopleSoft is just the latest example. SSA Global (Chicago) has pulled off nine
acquisitions since 2001, transforming itself from a big player in ISeries
applications to an enterprise software powerhouse. Infor Global Solutions
(Alpharetta, GA) has jumped onto the map in a big way, bootstrapping itself
into being a half-billion-dollar vertical ERP player by snapping up 12
companies or applications since May 2002.

The problem is things are not likely to calm down anytime soon. The top four
players in the ERP space, according to research house Bain & Co., account for
less than 50% of the overall market share, indicating there's a lot more
winnowing to be done. Moreover, according to the report, 65% of public software
companies are not profitable.

More available through:
        http://www.managingautomation.com/