Susan,

I currently work with 6.x releases.

In the past I have worked with the outside operations process in the purchasing
system in version 405cd.  The detail line on the po ties to a shop order
through the shop order and operation number.  It works for the po costing but
not the inventory.  The po has to be received in order to supply the cost and a
receipt has to be performed against the shop order to receive the inventory and
perform the backflush.  We had an instance where we had multiple vendors with
different costs providing the same item.  When we received these items it did
not calculate the average weighted cost correctly!!

If you have a batch process for posting inventory transactions you could do
this:
1.  add an "insert" trigger program to the ITH file
2.  when the "OO" outside operation transaction is received against the po,
have the trigger on the ITH spawn an "M" multiple issue with receipt for the
shop order and feed it to the batch inventory process or even INV500B.

Contact me offline if you wish to discuss..zborill@xxxxxxxxxxx or 804-512-1273

Best regards,
Charlie Borill
Richmond, Va