BPCS Version 6.04 MM

Dear Ardi:

We've been using NexgenCommerce for over a year now and have been very
happy with our choice.

I can tell you that Nexgen meets all of the criteria you listed, but I am
not sure about the ability to function when BPCS is down.  When we went
shopping for an e-business software we knew that we were not interested in
synchronized or an off-line solution.  So this really meant we needed a
real-time solution with the data driving directly from BPCS, not a
duplicated database.

Observations:
- easy to install, maintain
- nice interface (no applets)
- Framework allows non-programmers to customize site
- bulletproof transactions with AS/400 (BPCS)
- simple, clean architecture
- reasonable price

Let me also comment on your point about significant configurability vs
need for customization.  This is where I think Nexgen has really gotten it
right and we've had very minor customizations to use the product.

We found that Nexgen's product truly had the features you listed ready to
go, out-of-the-box..  At the same time, we were able to easily tweak the
features we needed to change using the toolset as well as build entirely
separate web functions in very little time using the training Nexgen
provides at installation.  In my opinion, Nexgen has created an ideal blend
of "tool" vs "solution".  I'm including a link to their website:
http://www.nexgencommerce.com/

My final point is that Nexgen has been in the BPCS community for along time
(I think since the early '90s).  It is clear that their products are
designed around BPCS rather than BPCS being an "afterthought".  I have also
found
the Nexgen people to be very easy to work with in "tweaking" the product to
accomodate
some customizations with most work resulting in a very low number of
billable hours because
the product was so close to our needs right out of the box.

Best of luck in your pursuit,

Dave Kolstedt
Pall Corporation
David_Kolstedt@xxxxxxxx
www.pall.com

|         |           "Ardi            |
|         |           Batmanghelidj"   |
|         |           <ArdiBatman@xxxxx|
|         |           atum.com>        |
|         |           bpcs-l-bounces@xx|
|         |           drange.com       |
|         |           07/17/03 01:38 PM|
|         |           "SSA's BPCS ERP  |
|         |           System"          |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       <BPCS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  |       cc:
  |
  |       Subject:  Implementation of E-Commerce over BPCS 405CD-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Dear Colleagues and Friends

We are embarking on a project to bring web connectivity to BPCS 405CD
for a major pharmaceutical client.

The intention is to support:

? Web order entry
? Order history and status inquiry
? Package tracking
? Significant configurability VS need for customization
? Ability to function while BPCS is temporarily "down"
? Personalization of web features by customer
? Strong Security

Our goal is to purchase existing solutions and minimize custom coding.
Because this is an FDA regulated business, validation and vendor's
quality practices are signification issues.

I am looking for any guidance, recommendations, cautions or experiences
you may be willing to share. Phone calls are welcome, but please be
aware that this is not an opening for consultants to create the web
programming.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Ardi

Ardi Batmanghelidj