Under the rules of BPCS_L, which of course are subject to change.

1. Commercial outfits are allowed to post no more than one advertisement a
month.  Thus we occasionally get to see what the latest releases are of
various outfits BPCS enhancements are, and what is being huckstered, but we
do not drown in such ads.

If it is the wish of the group, the moderator can change the rules to reduce
the volume of ads.  Personally, I prefer them to be on the ERP page of
midrange dot com with a monthly reminder that all that information is there.

2. When one of us asks a specific question how to do this or that in BPCS, or
we are struggling with some problem, it is legitimate for one of these 3rd
party service providers, or even SSA themselves, to inform us that they have
some service or product that might be able to solve our particular current
headache.

Some of us are looking for what we think are simple answers to simple
questions.
Some of us need more professional help & don't realize it.

Copying BPCS_L is showing integrity.
You have a problem, they have a solution, or partial solution, or soon will
have.

Perhaps this is related to my suggesting some improvements they could make in
their BPCS Cost Manual, which we have.  Thanks to BPCS_L education in cost
nuances, we found out that a lot of Cost documentation was misleading, and
after we checked out the allegations vs. what was in our own data base, I
suggested to  folks in the Cost doc biz that they make some trivial
corrections to their manuals.  I also got a Cost education looking at their
web site descriptions of Cost system enhancements.

The text follows a pattern of describing a potential problem, for which they
have a solution ... in some cases I was not aware of that potential problem
until after I correlated their web site information with our data.  Sure
enough, they were right.

UPI is not the only place with BPCS cost enhancement software education on
their web site, without even buying anything.  But some of these sites are
certainly better than others from that perspective.

What is not a legitimate usage of BPCS_L, is for solution providers to mine
the list to determine who here has what kinds of interests, then e-mail us
off-list to try to drum up private business.  Of course when I do get cold
e-calls, I seldom know where they mined to find out info about my situation.