  • Subject: 405 CD Inventory by Operation
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:32:01 EDT

Here's Al Mac again with JIT questions.

This week we managed to enter a large batch of JIT600 labor tickets twice - a
sad comedy of misunderstandings to which we are working to avoid again in the
future, such as showing more people how to view contents of member WORK of
file FLT to see what's been keyed in but not yet posted.

The reversals now all finished to best of our mutual abilities, but I would
have been happier if there was a variation on transaction M or J to
automatically recognize which operation actually consumes sub components, or
the sub component screen showed which operation was relevant.

In other words we could not use JIT600 in the negative to fix this.
We used SFC600 in the negative for the labor side.
We ised INV500 RJ negative for scrap, M negative when final operation, J
negative prior to final for quantity completed, but there was the added
complication we might have operation steps 100 200 300 400 500 etc. each of
which consume some of the raw materials of the total process.

My Questions
Is there any transaction effect that consumes all material going into an item
& is sensitive to which operation this is relevant to, so as to only consume
that which is needed at the operation being reported?

If no such transaction exists, how much trouble would it be to add that
nuance to the component screen of M J etc. without easy access to AS/Set, or
how much trouble to add such a transaction, and is there any 3rd party fix
already out there that has done so.

For my peace of mind I sure hope JIT6* is getting this nuance.
Could someone tell me for sure that the operation field of labor reporting to
JIT is getting only the raw materials relevant to that operation?

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---