Good morning,
I'm a financial consultant at SSA France and have a lot of BPCS
installations like you want to do.
Currently we are prototyping a BPCS, V6.1.01 only CEF, full C/S  that is
populated by an other ERP for billing, as you plan to do (C/S or MM is no
matter) .
For customer billing, I believe the easier way to do is to populate the
ECH/ECL files with the result of the customer billing on your ERP of origin
like that a customer invoice issued from your ERP  is considered as a
regular customer order (type 7 without any impact on the inventory). You
have two possibilities
Either you create all the items in the item master files with the right
item class an all the information you need for the macros in the CEF or you
create your customer order with special lines and you can use the item
class also.
After that you launch the BPCS standard billing and all the BPCS files are
correctly populated and the sales analysis can work from the beginning of
BPCS.
You have to prototype the CEF with all the models for the A/R and create
the customer records in the customer master file.
For the vendor invoices, either you want that the 3Wmatch is done on your
ERP and after you re-enter the vendor invoice in BPCS as Vendor invoice not
associated to a purchase order (using the APNONPOINV model) or, as we have
done in France, we have developped an add-on to BPCS MM to do like ACP500
from an AS400 file or an Excel file.
I hope that can help your decision.
Let me know what you are doing.
my e-mail address is charles.desbois@ssa.co.uk