  • Subject: RE: unapplied cash
  • From: Odonnell John CF CH <john.odonnell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:16:13 +0100

You should always enter cash received even if it can not be allocated
straight away.  Investigation by Credit Control together with the
Sales/Marketing departments will determine which invoices it should be
allocated to at a later date (Exchange Gains/Losses will be calculated at
the time of allocation).  We use Cashbook from SAI and enter cash with a
specific document no. 25xxxxxx so cash and allocations can be easily
identified.  If you do not have this option and since BPCS doesn't have
document numbering for payments you could have a separate offline sequential
numbering system where the next available number is shown, as you would with
manual journals.

The version you are on doesn't matter in regards to this topic.

Rgds
John