  • Subject: Re: accounts receivable remaining amount due
  • From: Corder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:27:38 -0500

Be care when electing to DFU the RAR file.

First when viewing the RAR file, be sure to use a logical view which
displays all records including those which may have been Z'd out. This will
ensure that if part of the record has already been placed in  ZI, ZP, ZD,
ZC status you will get the complete picture of the transaction.

Second make sure that you only have  balance due in the RREM field where
the sequence number is equal to zero . In other words, all balances due
should sit on the sequence zero record only. The balance due should be the
net of all transaction records, excluding (payment records that where
canceled transactions).

Third make sure if the transaction RREM balance should be zero, you zero
out all RREM amounts , Z out all the lines associated with that particular
record and third set the sequence numbers in the correct order starting
with sequences zero on the original record and increment by one for every
subsequent record. This will allow ACR900 or ACR903 to purge the entire
transaction.

Also search your files to make sure you only have one sequence zero record
for every transaction in the RAR.

After this rerun ACR900 which I believe, I could be wrong about the program
name. (Reset RAR Customer Amount Due) to correctly display the amount due
in the A/R Customer Inquiry Screen.

Hope this helps....

Gerald Corder
Engagement Manager
Nexgensoftware Inc.
Corder@nexgensoftware.com
Corderman@msn.com
Pager (800) 918-4314
Local Office (818) 783-5252
Voice Mail (630) 300-6073 x 4004
Fax (707) 313-2229

                    "Chick Doe"

                    <Cdoe@barton-instru        To:     <BPCS-L@midrange.com>

                    ments.com>                 cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     accounts receivable
remaing amount
                    owner-bpcs-l@midran        due

                    ge.com

                    09/11/00 10:36 PM

                    Please respond to

                    BPCS-L

we are on bpcs version 6.04

i found several situations this evening where the remaining amount due
field (RREM) on the a/r invoice record (record id - RI) is not equal to the
sum of the amounts in the invoice record and the payment records associated
with that invoice. to be honest this discrepancy only occurred on a very
small percentage of our invoice records.

does anybody else have this problem? does the ACR970 reset program reset
the RREM field (it doesn't look like it).
it you have this problem, what do you do to fix it?

chick doe
barton instrument systems

+---