> Subj:  PUR900
>  From:    bpcsmaynez@yahoo.com (Jesus Maynez)
>
>  PUR900 is not working right. I have a bunch of PO
>  lines  (scheduled lines) that have not been deleted
>  from the HPO file. I'm keeping history only of the
>  three last months however some lines have been there
>  since March. They have status of 3 and all the
>  required dates are older than the date typed for the
>  history.
>
>  I hope someone can help me out.

Al Macintyre 405 CD

I have noticed the phenomena of details on old orders not "going away" when
the users expect them to with Customer Orders, Shop Orders, Re-supply Orders,
and un-firm MRP Orders with dates screwed up by Y2K fixes me not got around
to applying as expediciously as logic dictates, but no one has said anything
to me yet about Purchase Orders being part & parcel of the same phenomena.

Point 1 ... I have a suspicion that when an Order has multiple lines, and
some of the lines are finished business, but the overall order is still open,
then the total order & all its pieces remain intact ... ie. BPCS does not
clean out the portions of orders that are finished, when the same order has
some remaining open lines.  This is a particular nuisance for us with
Customer Blanket orders coded either as "CZ" or Invoiced greater than Shipped.

I can understand RMA in which part of the story got entered, such as Billing
giving a Credit to the Customer for what was returned to our Rejects area for
disposition, but no transaction reported yet on what they gonna do about it -
repair scrap etc. outside the QC report on what to do to prevent the flawed
work from being done that way again.

But how about Re-Supply Orders ... we have tons of them that have been filled
correctly, with the ECL lines just sitting there on orders that are history.

Is there an ORD 900 that we should be running as part of our end-of-month
cycle?

Point 2 ... While logic might dictate that a completed Order should "go away"
at some point, sometimes BPCS has been complicated no end, with hidden rules,
like Shop Orders will not purge otherwise completed work during CST900,
unless the history is still accessible, something we did not discover until
after purging history on ancient shop orders that now have to be closed
manually, a fact our production department keeps forgetting to do.

Point 3 ... How often do you run PUR900?  We do ours as part of the
end-of-month cycle & there are a bunch of options.  Do you know which ones
are supposed to be taken at your company & what reports show up in the EOM if
the human involved takes a wrong selection?  For example, we do not like to
kill order lines until the corresponding costs have been entered via 3-way
matching.

Point 4 ... How do you know the lines have not been deleted?  Are you seeing
them on PUR300 or other inquiry?  We have orders showing up in our MRP300
which were deleted or otherwise eliminated, but the next MRP regen has not
yet been run to erase the story that was generated off the orders that now
are no longer there.

We also have people creating queries in which they do not understand the
notion that records are in some files coded for deletion, so they run a
report that includes active records and dead records then come show me the
report of dead records that they think are in error ... no the error is in
how the query was created.

Point 5 ... are you current on Y2K bug fixes?

Hope I have been more constructive than the other.

Al
+---