Glenn,

How did _I_ get involved in this???  The discussion is relevant to BPCS, so
I'm not going to interfere there.  Tracking legal issues via the various
partys' protestations on the Internet is not my job.  "Let the buyer beware"
is just good common sense.  Neither party has violated list rules, so why do
I need to take time out to resolve this dispute?  I made a comment _on
another forum_ about not liking the 28 year solution personally, but that
doesn't mean that it isn't a viable option for some folks.

Y2K is close.  If you want to choose the 28 year solution, that's your
prerogative.  If there is a legal dispute over the technology, it's _ALSO_
your option to choose something else.  The _customers_ shouldn't be at risk,
despite the outcome of judicial proceedings.  All arguments are valid on
BPCS-L, but I think we've had about enough of it, IMO...

Regards,

Dean Asmussen
BPCS-L List Administrator
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"If I only had a little humility, I would be perfect." -- Ted Turner

In a message dated 9/16/99 12:10:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Glenn-Ericson@att.net writes:

> Dear Milt &  Dean
>
>   With all due  respects  to  all parties.
>
>   FWIW I think  this is not a matter  for our MIS Community.
>
>  It  is more for the Legal  experts to decide.
>

>  The  very fact this has made its' way into the European and US Court
>  systems suggests both parties believe they are correct.
>

>  I  consider myself   knowledgable on Y2K and  many of the  tools.
>  However  based on the information available it  is difficult  to draw any
>   conclusions.  There  could also be  several regional Y2K firms  that
>  use the TOCS  philosophy in their implementations/solutions, who might be
>  in violation or  running  on a  similar or  almost parallel  path but not
>  violating the patient.
>

>  NOT  being  the legal  expert -  as  is the  case for most  MIS people on
>  the list we can not say.
>
>   From a  layman's  view, one might think , this posting might tend to
>  change or taint the court casein the Judges eyes. Again I  am  not  a
>  lawyer  nor is this legal advice.
>

>  You  & Dean have to decide what is  the  right process to follow here.
+---