But, In BPCS405CD INV970 does the same thing. We did one modification to it to test the individual fields for zero instead of in total. The users wanted to see Opening Balance, receipts, adjustments and Issue.
INV970 is on the system file clean up menu.
Would hope there would be a similar thing in your release.
From: Lacelle, Marc [SMTP:LACELLE@rcmint.ca]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 1999 7:51 AM
Subject: RE: performance
This one can be tried by anyone who finds that their response times
are slow. This will also improve your reporting times (INV230,INV260 .....)
1. No users can be on when running these statements (very important)
2. Do this right after month end
2. Backup the following files (ILI, IWI)
3. RUN THESE SQL STATEMENTS
4. delete from ???/ili where (lopb + lrct + ladju - lissu) = 0
5. The ??? is the name of your data library
6. delete from ???/iwi where (wopb + wrct + wadj - wiss) = 0
7. The ??? is the name of your data library
These statements can actually take a few minutes. It all depends on
the number of records you have in these data files.
When I first wrote and tested these statements I was quite surprised
to find that our ILI file went from 365,000 to 100,000 records (this took
about 10 minutes to execute).
Royal Canadian Mint
> From: email@example.com[SMTP:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Reply To: BPCS-L@midrange.com
> Sent: Monday, June 21, 1999 5:16 AM
> To: BPCS-L@midrange.com
> Subject: performance
> Dear Members,
> I would like to know if someone has tips on how to improve performance on
> following programms in BPCS 6.1:
> INV300, ORD550 (Action 12 allocations), ORD720 (order allocations).
> Generally all the programm that use allocations are extremely slow.
> Thanks in advance,