Dave,

No the destination options param has no bearing on HPT.

Destination options (DESTOPT)
Specifies destination-dependent options. This is typically set to 'XAIX' (all
uppercase) at R440 OS/400 and above and set to 'XAUTOQ XAIX' (all uppercase) at
all previous versions of OS/400.

The XAUTOQ value specifies that the remote writer is to save the *USERASCII
data stream in an LPDxxxxx spooled file whenever the print server, PC or Unix
server times out, then the LPDxxxxx spooled file can be sent without further
transformation to ASCII once the writer makes another connection to the
printer. The XAUTOQ processing is done automatically at R440 OS/400 and above.
Without XAUTOQ processing, large OS/400 spooled files could stay in SND status
indefinitely.

The XAIX value specifies that the remote writer is to send the spooled file to
the printer multiple times if the number of copies is greater than 1. It is
recommended to use the XAIX value in the destination options (DESTOPT)
parameter, but there are times when it should not be used. With XAIX specified,
the remote writer opens the connection to the printer and sends down multiple
copies of the print data and control file pair. Each control file contains one
print command for the data file that preceded it. This method is required for
printers that start printing the data right away. However, there are some print
servers that will close the connection after the first copy is sent. This is an
unexpected close, resulting in retrying to send from the beginning which will
cause the remote writer to loop forever and will cause the spooled file to be
printed indefinitely. In this case, XAIX should not be used. When XAIX is not
specified, the data file and control file will be sent once, but the control
file will contain multiple print commands. This reduces network traffic, but
can only be used with servers which can buffer all the data before knowing how
many copies to print. Therefore, without XAIX specified, the print server may
or may not print multiple copies of the OS/400 or i5/OS spooled file.

HTH,
Charles