  • Subject: Re: Supporline - was - Software Subscription strikes again.
  • From: joberhol@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:50:15 -0600

<snip>
Does anyone else feel this way about support line?  Or am I expecting too
much?
<endsnip>

Rick,

While I can see your point about the support line, I have found the service
to be improving over the last 6 - 10 months.  I have gotten to know quite a
few of the technicians and for the most part they are the gurus you wish
you could talk to.  Unfortunately, for those of us who remember the old
"level 1" and "level 2" days, we have gone back to about the same
situation.  The trick with support line today, is to get the first contact
to put you through to the "level 2" person.  When that happens, life is
good.

What needs to happen is these type of comments should be forwarded to the
management staff of the Support line.  I know they want to improve the
process, but often times don't have the ammunition to get senior management
to allow them to.  The question really is who should get the feedback?

JMHO

Jim