Sorry for the late reply.
I just checked.

*** This is only a subset of the PTFs which I think is relevant to my DB2
query ***

*On the machine that my SQL works with HTTPS*
Level PTF Group Text
3 SF99711 ALL PTF GROUPS EXCEPT CUMULATIVE PTF
PACKAGE
14283 SF99710 CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C4283710

15317 SF99710 CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C5317710

33 SF99701 DB2 FOR IBM I
39 SF99701 DB2 FOR IBM I
2 SF99657 DB2 WEB QUERY FOR I V2.1.1
11 SF99647 DB2 WEB QUERY FOR I V2.1.0
13 SF99647 DB2 WEB QUERY FOR I V2.1.0
9 SF99637 DB2 WEB QUERY FOR IBM I V1.1.2
11 SF99627 7.1 ELECTRONIC SERVICES GROUP PTF
6 SF99617 DB2 WEB QUERY FOR IBM I V1.1.1
21 SF99572 JAVA
23 SF99572 JAVA

*On the machine that my SQL does not work with HTTPS*
Level PTF Group Text
14283 SF99710 CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C4283710
137 SF99709 GROUP HIPER
39 SF99708 GROUP SECURITY
17 SF99705 HARDWARE AND RELATED PTFS
33 SF99701 DB2 FOR IBM I
11 SF99627 7.1 ELECTRONIC SERVICES GROUP PTF
20 SF99572 JAVA
24 SF99368 IBM HTTP SERVER FOR I

I'm not familiar with PTFs and hardware but judging from the list.
There are a lot of missing DB2 Web Query which I assume is needed to run
the DB2 service sql?

Eric