Richard Schoen <Richard.Schoen@...> writes:

Hi Richard

is a requirement. our customer already use SOAP with this message structure
also with other people and would continue to use it.

Is there a reason you feel the need to use SOAP or is it a requirement ?

A good CGI RPG program can return XML, JSON, whatever format you want and
should be pretty simple to write.
In the past i have already written Rest Web Service (server and client)using
Json format and they work very well; now i was thinking to use the same
tecnique i.e. reading HTTP incoming data with QtmhRdSti Api

but i'm having some problems in:
- configure Web Service in IBM i HTTP
- how to try my Web Service with SoapUi

SOAP is not the preferred method these days from my understanding.

i Know

can you help me ?
thanks in advance

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@...
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com
------------------------------

message: 2
date: Fri, 13 May 2016 12:39:46 +0200
from: "p.Caroti" <p.caroti@...>
subject: [WEB400] Exposing in IBM i a Web Service that receive an Item
list

hi to everybody,
I should exopse in IBM i' HTTP a SOAP Web service, that receives a list of
Item and to write relative program
that it elaborates the Web Service requests; in past I have had the
opportunity of doing things similar
with Web Service type REST, but it is the first time that I try to solve
the problem list with SOAP WS; my
doubts are:
- How I can specify the input parameters in Web service configuration
through the IWS Wizard?
- same thing for the RPG program , how can read the input (List item)
parameters ?

do I have to specify an array obligatorily?
can some one give me some suggestions on as to approach thi problem ?

thanks

p.s. i'm running V6R1

this the example of the Xml that I should receive

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="
<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/>
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"; xmlns:ns1="
<http://www.mysite.it/WS01> http://www.mysite.it/WS01";> <SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:ReqItem>
<ns1:idReq>1234</ns1:idReq> <ns1:articoli> <ns1:articolo>
<ns1:numeroRiga>1</ns1:numeroRiga>
<ns1:itm>019806503</ns1:itm> </ns1:articolo> <ns1:articolo>
<ns1:numeroRiga>2</ns1:numeroRiga>
<ns1:itm>992449315</ns1:itm> </ns1:articolo> <ns1:articolo>
<ns1:numeroRiga>3</ns1:numeroRiga> <ns1:itm>512449696</ns1:itm>
</ns1:articolo>
</ns1:articoli> </ns1:ReqItem> </SOAP-ENV:Body> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>