Thanks for the info Alan!

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 12:43 AM, Alan Seiden <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael,

The trick to debugging RPG programs from stateless toolkit jobs (that run
in QSQSRVR) is the ‘*debug’ control key. Instructions below excerpted from
my PHP toolkit presentation (http://www.alanseiden.com/presentations/ <
http://www.alanseiden.com/presentations/>):

1. Add the following line to your PHP script before the program call to be
debugged. $toolkitConn should be your toolkit connection object.

$toolkitConn->setOptions(array('customControl'=>'*debug'));
Run your script. The script will "hang" while it waits on #2 below...(move
to green screen 5250 for steps 2-10)

2. A MSGW inquiry message in DSPMSG QSYSOPR will be generated by the
toolkit.

3. Note the job information (number, name, user) provided in the MSGW.

4. STRSRVJOB using that job information as parameters.
5. STRDBG with the program and library you wish to debug.

6. Answer the MSGW. Any answer will do--"G" is fine.
7. The RPG program source will appear in debug mode in your terminal,
ready to step through, allowing you to inspect variables, etc.
8. When done inspecting and stepping, let the RPG program complete (using
function keys indicated on screen).
9. ENDDBG
10. ENDSRVJOB

Alan
--
Alan Seiden Consulting LLC

Project leader, Zend PHP Toolkit for IBM i
Zend Framework certified contributor

Office: 201-447-2437 Cell: 201-248-4704
http://www.alanseiden.com | alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://twitter.com/alanseiden