Hi Chuck

You may have seen my post where I recommend NOT using SQLCOLUMNS, rather, to use SYSCOLUMNS.

Briefly,

LABEL ON COLUMN [column-name] IS 'Field Label'

update COLUMN_HEADING in SYSCOLUMNS - nothing in SQLCOLUMNS, which knows nothing about column headings (the 3-part, each 20 long stuff).

I did try a COMMENT ON TABLE, and that comment IS stored in the actual PF object - even a regular PF, not a TABLE.

I also did a COMMENT ON COLUMN, and it is also stored in the PF in the list of columns you see in a DMPOBJ output.

These "remarks" are not visible, however in DSPFD for the table or in DSPFFD for the columns.

EEEEEENteresting!

Arte J.