DB2 Viper was the code name for DB2 for LUW v9

For DB2 for i, Look at the "What's new" in the SQL Reference
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/db2/rbafzwhatsnew.htm
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/db2/rbafzwhatsnew.htm
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_61/db2/rbafzwhatsnew.htm

Addition info here
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/db2/

Lastly, the developerworks wiki for the IBM TR levels
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM+i+Technology+Updates/page/DB2+for+i+-+Technology+Updates

For XML, I'm guessing you'll need at least v7r1 TR6
http://db2fori.blogspot.com/2013/02/integrating-xml-past-present-and-future.html

Charles