Aaron

This fits what I now think I grasp about this.

My question about IASPs still holds - within and IASP there IS a QSYS.LIB since some release back in the V5 area. In a regular IBM i job that has activated the IASP, the library list is a combination of *SYSBAS and the QSYS.LIB of the IASP - seamlessly done by the system.

Now let's say that you have an IASP named IASPVERN - there will be a directory off the root names IASPVERN, and in that directory will be a QSYS.LIB. This directory can have most object types that the system has.

If you chroot to /IASPVERN, , the objects in its /IASPVERN/QSYS.LIB would seem to be accessible, since they are within the jail, right? Now you'd need to use their IFS path name for some things.

I know I'm talking probably over my head - but the article by Tony does speak of IASPs helping to solve some of the issues with library-object kinds of things, as I recall.

Do you have an IASP to try this on, Aaron? Or anyone?

BTW, IASPs are not just for HA - they can be used as I'm describing to install test and production versions of applications. The concept seems to fit what y'all are saying about chroot.

Regards
Vern