I too am blown away at the performance by the YAJL port from Scott.

We had written our own JSON parser (I needed one before anything else was
available). It was a fun programming project that reminded my of my
computer science days, traversing trees with recursion, etc... but the
performance of it was blown away by YAJL.

I have since switched all new development to YAJL as well. I was able to
put a front end on it that matched our JSON parser in case that's needed by
any customers already using ours and not willing to switch. :)

With ours we would use string notation to locate the node/data...

customerList[n]:customerName:firstname

Retrieve the nth customer first name from the customerList array.

Brad
www.bvstools.com