From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 2:43 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Hosting a Large Number of Node Apps on the IBM i

Speaking of which, is EGL dead? Haven't heard anything about it in ever.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Bradley Stone <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Buck,

I'm with you. I know the web apps Aaron is talking about (They're
still running, BTW.. lol) but if I could go back to update them I would.

It was before eRPG SDK, CGIDEV2, etc. I just wrote a bunch of
procedures to wrap the APIs and went to town. I built a huge
customizable app for it to (to show which data columns to show and in
which order, that sort of thing).

They actually were done as a proof of concept that we could do better
than the PC guys using Cold fusion. That was a no contest once we got
above
1000 records in the DB... haha.. those poor CF servers just choked.

I remember back then similar conversations with people pushing other
technologies we no longer hear about (EGL, Java, JSPs, etc). RPG has
been the constant in these discussions over the past 15+ years. ;)

We all have different paths we took that require different solutions.

Brad
www.bvstools.com