From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: 15 October 2015 14:33
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Node and NPM don't work properly on some LPARS?

Looks like I have the same problem.

v0.12.7: https://bitbucket.org/snippets/litmis/LLR5j (doesn't work)
v0.10.35: https://bitbucket.org/snippets/litmis/KKR5d (works)

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Kevin Turner <kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Aaron

If you are on 0.12.7 it would be interesting to hear how this little
test runs on your box:
https://gist.github.com/kpturner/0c7104b32ecca7689fc0

You just run "node main.js" and the main process fires up a worker
child and then repeatedly asks it to convert a string to upper case on
a 1 second interval.

On our servers on 0.12.7 this fails immediately because the child
process gets terminated for no logical reason.

Our problem may not be related to node at all of course, but something
odd on the LPARs that do not work.

Cheers
Kevin