From: Henrik R**tzou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "WEB400" <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)" <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Hosting a Large Number of Node Apps on the IBM i
Date: Wed, Oct 14, 2015 8:16 AM

Kevin

as I see it it all comes down to how many node.js servers you have
running
since one node.js instance is bound to one processor core - but i may be
wrong.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Kevin Turner
<kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Maybe I am just referring to Sails which uses express.js under the
> covers. In the stuff I have done, all the routes and configured in a
JSON

***************************************************************************/

> //'/': {
> //}
>

> // Passport control
> 'get /homepage': 'AuthController.homepage',
> 'get /dashboard': 'AuthController.dashboard',
> 'get /logout': 'AuthController.logout',
> 'get /register': 'AuthController.register',
>
> 'post /auth/local': 'AuthController.callback',
> 'post /auth/local/:action': 'AuthController.callback',
>
> 'get /auth/:provider': 'AuthController.provider',
> 'get /auth/:provider/callback': 'AuthController.callback',
>
> // Normal processing
> 'get /': 'PageController.validateRequest',
>
> // Profiles
> 'get /profile': 'AuthController.profile',
> 'post /updateprofile': 'AuthController.updateProfile',
> 'get /reset': {view:'reset'},
> 'post /auth/passwordreset': 'AuthController.passwordReset',
>
> // Bookings
> 'get /booking' : 'BookingController.prepareBooking',
> 'get /booking/:action': 'BookingController.prepareBooking',
> 'get /mybookings': 'BookingController.myBookings',
> 'get /allmybookings/:filter?': 'BookingController.allMyBookings',
//
> the ? in :filter? means that the filter part or the URL is optional
> 'get /eventbookings': 'BookingController.eventBookings',
> 'get /alleventbookings/:filter?':
'BookingController.allEventBookings',
> 'get /userbookings': 'BookingController.userBookings',
> 'get /alluserbookings/:filter?':
'BookingController.allUserBookings',
> 'post /makebooking': 'BookingController.makeBooking',
> 'post /makebooking/:action?': 'BookingController.makeBooking',
> 'get /linkedbooking/:bookingid':
> 'LinkedBookingController.linkedBookings',
> 'post /validateadditions': 'BookingController.validateAdditions',
> 'post /updatebooking/:action': 'BookingController.updateBooking',
>
> // Users
> 'get /users': 'UserController.users',
> 'get /allusers/:filter?': 'UserController.allUsers', // the ? in
> :filter? means that the filter part or the URL is optional
> 'get /usermaint/:action': 'UserController.prepareUser',
> 'post /updateuser/:action': 'UserController.updateUser',
> 'get /organisers': 'UserController.organisers',
>
> // Events
> 'get /events': 'EventController.events',
> 'get /openevents': 'EventController.openEvents',
> 'get /allevents/:filter?': 'EventController.allEvents', // the ? in
> :filter? means that the filter part or the URL is optional
> 'get /event/:action': 'EventController.prepareEvent',
> 'post /updateevent/:action': 'EventController.updateEvent',

> *
> *
> * Custom routes here...
> *
> *
> *
> * If a request to a URL doesn't match any of the custom routes
above,
> it *
> * is matched against Sails route blueprints. See
`config/blueprints.js`

***************************************************************************/

> };

Nathan
> Andelin
> Sent: 14 October 2015 13:46
> To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [WEB400] Hosting a Large Number of Node Apps on the IBM i
>

> > This is by you would probably go for a library like express.js -
which
> > will already have this problem cracked. I can't describe how as I
> > have only just started using it, but I know you would have a rather
> > large routing config file.
> >

> IIRC, all the Express.js examples I've seen use inline JavaScript to
> perform routing as opposed to a "large routing config file". For
example:

> var express = require('express');var app = express();
>
> app.get('/', function(req, res){
> res.send('hello world');});
>
> app.listen(3000);
>

> In that example, it appears that any "GET" request to the ROOT URL "/"
is
> routed to a JavaScript function which sends "hello world".
>
> How would you manage 20,000+ URLs? Restart your "service" each time
you
> add a new route to inline code?
> --
> This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400)
mailing

--
Regards,
Henrik R**tzou