Heyo,

I am trying to setup a proxy balancer and am getting an error of "Cannot
find byrequests lb method" with the below httpd.conf. I am on v7.2 and
have the latest PTFs installed (level 9 for SF99713) as of last night. If
I comment out the BalancerMember lines the error goes away, but I need
those lines :-) It tells me to add a directive, but the directive syntax
isn't correct, and I already have module proxy_balancer_module specified.

Anybody see something wrong with what I am doing?

p.s. I included steps to recreate issue at bottom of email.

---- httpd.conf ----
LoadModule proxy_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM
LoadModule proxy_http_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM
LoadModule proxy_connect_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM
LoadModule proxy_balancer_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM

Listen *:80
DocumentRoot /www/s1/htdocs

RewriteRule ^(.*) balancer://cluster/ [P]
ProxyPassReverse / balancer://cluster
<Proxy balancer://cluster>
BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:50002/
BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:50003/
</Proxy>

---- WRKSPLF QTMHHTTP ----
HTP8989 Diagnostic 40 07/21/15 16:08:44.768544 QZSRAPR
QHTTPSVR *STMT QZSRCORE QHTTPSVR *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . :
QZSRSNDM
From procedure . . . . . . :
sendMessageToJobLog_CCSID
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 27

To module . . . . . . . . . :
PROXY_UTIL
To procedure . . . . . . . :
ap_proxy_define_balancer
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 19

Message . . . . : Cannot find
byrequests lb method. Add directive
'LoadModule module
proxy_balancer_module

/QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM' to configuration.

Cause . . . . . : This message is
used as a general diagnostic message

---- Recreate issue ----
ADDPFM FILE(QUSRSYS/QATMHINSTC) MBR(BALANCE) TEXT('BALANCE')
UPDDTA FILE(QUSRSYS/QATMHINSTC) MBR(BALANCE)
-apache -d /www/s1 -f conf/httpd.conf -AutoStartN

mkdir -p /www/s1/conf
mkdir -p /www/s1/logs
mkdir -p /www/s1/htdocs
cat >> /www/s1/conf/httpd.conf << EOF
LoadModule proxy_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM
LoadModule proxy_http_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM
LoadModule proxy_connect_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM
LoadModule proxy_balancer_module /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZSRCORE.SRVPGM

Listen *:80
DocumentRoot /www/s1/htdocs

RewriteRule ^(.*) balancer://cluster/ [P]
ProxyPassReverse / balancer://cluster
<Proxy balancer://cluster>
BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:50002/
BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:50003/
</Proxy>
EOF

STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) INSTANCE(BALANCE)

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com