Thought I’d already explained that Charles but …

In RPG I would code the parm as (say) 10a Const. If I do that then passing a literal of ‘A’ or ‘AB’ or … will result in a 10 character field being passed with blanks in the back end.

In COBOL coding by CONTENT ‘A’  would pass a one character parm.   by CONTENT ‘AB’ would pass a two character parm and so-on.  If the called routine expects a 10 character parm then this is a problem.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com