From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 3:16 PM
To: Web400@Midrange. Web400
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Using HTTP\HTTPS to Transfer Files Between Servers?

That strikes me as by far and away the best answer Chuck.

Using a tool like AppServer4RPG with the packaged ArdGate (all free http://sourceforge.net/projects/appserver4rpg/) would allow them to simply write directly to the target database files from their RPG code just using embedded SQL. Got to be a hell of a lot easier than playing games with CSVs, FTP, or whatever. One RPG or COBOL program processes the data and voila it is all there on the target system

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com