could assist you.

Just thinking WAY outside the box....

Bryan

Larry Kleinman wrote on 12/4/2014 3:25 PM:
Yep, that is exactly what is happening. But it's not what I want. I
want to run the command on the PC. (I'm trying to open MS Paint). Am I
mistaken in thinking that this is possible?

Larry Kleinman
Kleinman Associates, Inc.
212-949-6469

From: Bryan Dietz <bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
<web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 12/04/2014 03:21 PM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] trying to use EXEC with Zend
Sent by: "WEB400" <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

what you are seeing appears to be running on the host the web server is
on.
Assuming the host is IBM i, try using "ls -la" or "pwd" as the EXEC
command.

Bryan

Larry Kleinman wrote on 12/4/2014 3:10 PM:
I want my PHP script to run a DOS command on the PC whose browser opened
the script, It looks like EXEC should do this, but no matter what
command I use - including easy stuff like DIR or IPCONFIG - I get a
"file
not found" message. For example, if the script contains

$test= exec('dir 2>&1', $output);
echo $test;
echo '<BR>';
var_dump($output);

I get

sh: dir: not found.
array(1) { [0]=> string(20) "sh: dir: not found." }

Any ideas?

Larry Kleinman
Kleinman Associates, Inc.
212-949-6469