IBM's engineer, Nadir Amra, who is responsible for Net.data, has always assured that there is no commitment to remove Net.data from OS/400 as they have done for other platforms.
You should take comfort that the IBM web based administration of digital certificates via *ADMIN server has always employed Net.data and still runs their original Net.data macros, some of which are quite intriguing to examine. I consider it like REXX, which I use all the time (because it can script both CLP and SQL in the same code) and possibly a bit like CLP. These things are used all over the place for years. They matter little to IBM as flagship products so they care less if they cease upgrading or even supporting them. I would expect they may reconsider such removal like they did when they displeases CGIDEV2 users when they tried to do something that was going to mess with the Easy400 website. They did drop support for the Net.data forum but I revived that all by myself and still pay the annual rego fee for the dtwdude.com domain, even though sod all people visit the site anymore

Peter.

-----Original Message-----
From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe W Holt
Sent: Saturday, 25 October 2014 7:47 a.m.
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Net.Data and session management

Yes, the unique key mechanism as a decent security catch a decade ago.
Nowadays, not so much. The javascript disable event I may have to look at.
Won't keep the user from refreshing the page but the biggest issue definitely is the double click. Appreciate that little tip.

***
Regards,
Joe W Holt
Sr Programmer/Developer