It's interesting to see how many tangents this thread has taken, and
perhaps a little frustrating. It gets back to terminology. I understand
what Kevin is referring to by "web sockets" for example, which is a W3C
specification, which is beginning to be implemented in browsers, and
REQUIRES communication with a "web socket" server, which is separate from
and much different than an HTTP server. Actually, it would be nice if
mainstream HTTP servers were to implement the web-sockets protocol - but
for now you need to shop elsewhere.

We also went off into speculating about .net in the mix. And "web services"
in the mix, which also appears to be a detour. Daryl attempted to describe
a "button", which when clicked, would post a request to a CGIDEV program,
even though the page containing the button was generated by "a tool on the
AS/400".

So Daryl, can you modify the onClick event of the button to send a request
to a CGIDEV program?

Nathan.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Kevin Turner <