Since Mark brought up the subject of different compilers, is it possible to get PCML attached to a SQLRPGLE module? Didn't see anything in the CRTSQLRPGI compiler options.
-- Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon
Paris
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:29 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] PCML novice quiestions

I think you are confusing "parameters in which you happen to return a
value" with "Return Values" Mark.

A return value is the result of running a function (i.e. subprocedure
in RPG) - programs can't return values, only functions.

IWS cannot use any subprocedure that returns a value other than an
integer. As I noted before it is a limitation in the underlying
toolbox, which can be circumvented by using RPG's new RTNPARM option.