Greetings!

I am working with IBM service on an issue that we have not been able to
resolve, so I thought I would put his out on the Midrange and WEB lists to
see if anyone has had this issue and found a fix for it, or can give me
some guidance.

Hardware - 720 (E4C) partitioned 3 ways.
IBM i5/OS V7.1 with Technology Refresh 7 and the latest PTFs (as of Sunday,
March 23rd).

For the last month we have not been able to start the *ADMIN instance of
the HTTP server. When the command to start is used, the instance starts
several jobs in the QHTTPSVR subsystem. Several of these jobs take LOTS of
CPU time, borrowing from other partitions on the same 720 (E4C) box.

I receive an email from a job monitoring for instance failures almost
immediately. The monitor is looking for messges HTP8080, HTP8081, and
HTP8082 to show up in the QSYSOPR message queue.

Then all but two of the started jobs ABEND with no joblog. The two left
running are ADMIN1 and ADMIN4.

I applied the latest PTFs, and that did not fix anything.

Yesterday I deleted licensed program 5770DG1, did an IPL, reinstalled
5770DG1, applied the latest PTF group (#26) for SF99368:IBM HTTP SERVER FOR
I, then IPLed again.

Still have the same issue. I have looked for logs, and not found any with
useful debug information. JOBLOG are not being created, or have less than
useful information.

Anyone seen this or have some suggestions on where to go from here?

We need to use the Digital Certificate Manager to update some certificates
that are expiring fairly soon. We are able to update HTTP configuration
files for our existing web sites directly, but without the DCM we are not
able to export information to get a certificate updated.

I am open to any and all suggestions and/or questions.

Blessings!

Jim Essinger
Western Power Sports
Boise, ID