On 27-Feb-2014 14:30 -0800, Pete Helgren wrote:
Don't ya just love it when you go back to a problem you had years
ago just to find out it is still an issue? Way back when, going from
5.4 to 6.1 I discovered that the AJP (Tomcat connector) for Apache
was discontinued, primarily because the IBM supported version of
Tomcat was discontinued. I had tripped across the problem again,
Googled again, and didn't see any fix for 6.1 but I DID find this PTF
for 7.1: SI46282 - HTTPSVR - Restore tomcat connector to IBM i 7.1

Anybody know if the same PTF exists for 6.1? I have searched every
which way and I can't get a definitive answer. I'd love to get this
working on 6.1.....

Given that v7r1 PTF SI46282 is at least as old as Oct-2012, pretty safe to assume that a lack of a [sysrouted to v6r1] APAR\PTF with the same or similar symptom\description indicates that there was no intention by them to provide a similar change to a\the prior release. Thus opening a PMR with IBM to pursue, is possibly the most appropriate.? However...

How about the following?:
<http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/iseries/>

A copy of the Service Program /QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZTCJK.SRVPGM from 5722DG1 in v5r3 [or similarly of other releases] is unobservable, but having been compiled from open-source versus as-shipped in an IBM product, the object should be observable and thus capable of being re-translated to the newer v6r1 format.