Jon,

Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I had not thought of an IP problem being at the root of it, but it very well could be.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 6/6/13 2:47 PM, Jon Paris wrote:
On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:48:49 -0500, Jim Oberholtzer<midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Scott:
>
>Thanks, we already tried that. Works on our test environment, fails on
>the production side. We can't find any differences in user profiles,
>file authorities (DB/2 or IFS) or the code. The one thing I don't have
>on the production side is the ability to look at the security audit logs
>( the admin will not consider turning on the audit logging and of course
>that would A) be the right thing to do anyway and B) most likely point
>right to the error ) so I can't verify if there is an authority issue,
>program issue, or environment issue.
Jim I haven't followed this thread that closely - but a lot of what you report about working/not working in what should be similar if not identical environments takes me back to the problems we had earlier this year. That turned out to be because localhost (in any form except 127…) was not resolving correctly on one system causing problems between the PASE side and the native.

If I recall correctly (Larry will no doubt remember) it ended up being that IPV6 loopback was enabled on the failing system. When we turned it off (in fact we turned off IPV6 completely) everything started working again. This was on a V7 system.

Probably not your problem but …

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com