From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jack Kingsley
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 3:40 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Missing AXIS2 servlet in Integrated Web Services
Server

Have you attempted to recycle the server just to see if it would clear up
the problem possibly.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Shannon ODonnell <
sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

We are using the IBM Integrated Web Services Server and it's been
working great for us.

However, in just the last few days we noticed that several web
services that have been installed for several months and running fine,
are now running with a Yellow/Warning status when viewed through the
HTTP Admin page. Note that as early as the first part of last week
all was running fine and there have been no changes made to the
iSeries in terms of software installed or PTFs installed or anything
similar. At least none that anyone will admit to.

Upon looking in the log files, we are seeing this error repeated over
and
over:

SEVERE Exception occured in
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest()
::class.method=com.ibm.ws.ffdc.FFDCFilter.processException()
::thread=HttpServer : 197 ::loggername=com.ibm.ws.ffdc

java.lang.Exception: java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: CWPWC0029E: Servlet
_ibmjsp.axis2_2D_web.Error._error500 was not found, it maybe missing
another required class.

Check your classpath to ensure that all classes required by the
servlet are present.

Which seems to indicate that an axis2 servlet or class has gone
missing somehow.

That seems unlikely unless it was deliberately removed by someone as
we have not added any software to this iSeries for several months.

At this time we are focusing on figuring out just what exactly is
missing and where it is missing from and then replacing it.

With the Websphere Application Server Express at V6.1 and higher, I
know where to look for all the objects used by Websphere under
/QIBM/ProdData/Websphere/AppServer/V61/Express/ .

With the Integrated Web Services Server I am not sure where to start
looking. I have checked the actual /www/wasservername/ directory
structure where the services themselves run from but that does not
help me at this time (I don't think) in figuring out where the
supporting classes/servlets reside.

I'm currently at a loss as to where to look next to resolve this issue
so any suggestions at all would be welcome.

Thanks!

Shannon O'Donnell

--
This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400)
http://archive.midrange.com/web400.

--
This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400) mailing