Sorry about the late reply... making this thread re-appear two months later.

AFaIK there *is* a "way to use a library list on a stored procedure CALL with SQL naming" in effect; it works for me on v5r3, for a purely *dynamic* CALL. So at least in that environment, it is possible when changing from the qualified SQL request CALL library.sProc to the unqualified SQL request CALL sProc, to have the SQL invoke the *LIBL/sProc instead of the Authorization-ID/sProc being invoked by the SQL, regardless of the OPTION being NAMING=*SQL. The requirements in that scenario are that the SQL PATH has been established as *LIBL and the CALL is dynamic vs embedded. AFaIK, for an embedded CALL request, the PATH that was either specified on the compile request of the program or was in effect during the CREATE of the routine\program, will be the PATH used at run-time to locate the executable. Given "[t]he SPROC is called from a Java web app", I infer the CALL is dynamic, and thus specifying the desired PATH should assist. So...

From the second linked article, was the SQL request to SET PATH = *LIBL tested to see if the effects were satisfactory to resolve the issue for the unqualified CALL of a stored procedure "even when the SQL naming" is in effect? From that link:

"...
The SQL path can also be set or changed by executing the SET PATH statement.
The special value, *LIBL, can be used to set the SQL path to the current library list, even when the SQL naming convention is used.

In the following example, the current path is first assigned to the current library list ...
SET PATH = *LIBL;
..."

Regards, Chuck