From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:52 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Zend Server installed, now how to install Wordpress?

OK, V5R4 sets a stage, You can still do it if you installed MySQL with the
Zend Server.

Did you get in and set the root password for the localhost and create users
in MySQL for the host name?

Commands enclosed in [ ] since double quotes can be part of the command;

You'll have to use [mysqld_safe -user=mysql &] to start the MySQL deamon
Enter [mysqladmin version] to verify it's running Enter [ mysqladmin -u root
password "mypassword" ] to set root password Enter [ mysqladmin -u root -h
localhost "mypassword" ] to set the root password for the local host.
Enter [mysql -u root -p ] It will prompt for the password you just set. If
that works you should be good to go.

Now try phpMyAdmin with the root password.

BTW: ZendDbi came out for V5R4 a while back, although you may not be able
to download it anymore.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects