Sheldon,

Regarding ibm_db2.i5_allow_commit=1:
If it's in /usr/local/zendsvr/etc/conf.d/ibm_db2.ini, that's enough. Many of the PHP extensions have their own mini-INI files under the folder conf.d.

Alan

Sheldon Foster <mailto:sheldon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
March 7, 2013 6:04 PM
Thanks for your replies Bryan, Chuck, and Alan.
==
Bryan:
I am using "connect". I have as yet to try "pconnect".
==
Alan:
In ibm_db2.ini I have the following line: ibm_db2.i5_allow_commit=1. I
notice it is not in the php.ini file. Does it need to be there as well?
==
Chuck:
I will try the "with UR" approach when I get a chance and let you know if it
helped.
==
On another note I tried interactive SQL on the iSeries to try the rollback
there and discovered a couple things.
1. The file was not being journaled. (probably overlooked because of how
painfully obvious that should have been?)
2. Even with the file being journaled, on the iSeries in interactive SQL, I
had to use the sql command "SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ"
in order for the rollback to work but at least it worked - perhaps using the
"with UR" will accomplish the same thing?

I'll keep trying . . .

date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 20:32:20 -0500
from: Bdietz400<bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WEB400] db2, php, AUTOCOMMIT off rollback not working

Maybe just a wild guess, and not 100% it would make a difference. Are you
using "connect" or "pconnect"?

--
Bryan