From: Michael Ryan <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 8:56 AM
Subject: [WEB400] Best Practice to Send Data to i

I need to send a bunch of data to the i using PHP. I'm reworking a 5250
subfile program that presents a data entry subfile to the user. The user
enters information into the subfile fields, presses enter, and the program
then processes each entry in the subfile.

I want to do this process in HTML and PHP. I'm thinking of displaying an
HTML table and then processing each row when the user POSTs the data. I
want to call a stored procedure to validate the data in each row.

My first thought would be to send all the data to the stored procedure as a
series of arrays, one for each column in the . The RPG developer (who will
write the code that will become the stored procedure) is looking for
basically a MODS as input. I want to keep the validation SP accessible from
both RPG and PHP.

Any ideas? Thanks!