Kevin

The issue is somewhat confused with "progressive enhancement" which does
advocate building an application which will work without JavaScript (and is
promoted in every book on Web Design and jQuery that I have ever read).
Purely on accessibility grounds. You have the option of ignoring this if you
wish?

Also one of our customers warehouses goods for a number of customers one of
whom is the RNIB http://www.rnib.org.uk/ Our customer often has to complete
questionnaires asking if the site requires the use of JavaScript. It would
seem that they would prefer sites NOT to require JavaScript (or at least
provide an acceptable user experience without it, the emphasis here is on
the word REQUIRE). Presumably they have their reasons. So I am adopting the
progressive enhancement approach where I can.

Yes I do agree with the statement that it is perfectly possible to fulfil
ones' accessibility obligations by careful use of HTML5, CSS3 and
JavaScript. If that means I agree with you then great (things which are
possible are not always delivered though?)

Possibly I have been playing a bit of Devil's advocate, if so I apologise.
Nathan simply irritated me with his "primitive by comparison" statement.

I simply consider the issue of accessibility an important one as I am sure
most of us do and it hasn't done a great deal of harm to have it discussed.

- Maurice

P.S. I only called Henrik an idiot simply because of his rather apparent
lack of compassion for people with disabilities although I accept now that
he may have meant something slightly less inflammatory! I am sure Henrik is
not the idiot I called him :-)