To answer both you and Henrik...

I still see plenty with javascript disabled (even on the cnn.com and powerext.com site). I hit scores of sites a day searching for information on open source solutions and general help. Many of them are overseas and from places I haven't ever heard of so yes, I always scan the list of blocked javascript powered feeds and references from other sites. I never enable tracking sites and "feeds" from other sites until I know what they are. My caution stems from attending and receiving certification in secure programming. Once you see how trivial it is to compromise a PC on the Internet, a little caution helps me to sleep better. It is like the difference between giving your PC an external IP with no firewall and putting your PC behind a "filter" of a firewall and NAT'ing. Why ask for trouble by leaving your PC exposed to the Internet? The same applies to your browser. A little filtering costs very little and can save you the hassle of being compromised. Maybe since I deal with customers who have inadvertently strayed into an ugly web site and gotten "powned", I have gotten more cautious.

Mobile devices are even more scary (IMHO). "Secure Internet transaction" is nearly an oxymoron. "Secure Mobile transaction"? The bad guys are betting that you buy into that fiction......

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java