Robert

If I'd known of the <base> tag, I'd've used it - probably - nice for making later references shorter and cleaner.

Vern

On 1/17/2013 5:32 PM, Dean, Robert wrote:
It's a matter of preference. I find "../" style links less attractive for cases where the assets and base pages aren't actually stored in the same location (like CGI-BIN and DocumentRoot).
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Kevin Turner [kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:02 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] CSS file not being found

Robert

I have never used a base tag, but I still use relative links in dynamically generated HTML. Works just fine.

Rgds
Kevin

Sent from my iPad

On 17 Jan 2013, at 22:57, "Dean, Robert" <rdean@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The browser would only do that if you reset the document base using the <base> tag. I should have thought of that earlier, because it's (IMO) the more correct solution to the original problem. However, it's been a while since I've written a cgi-bin script that produces HTML. ;-)

Example
<head>
<base href="http://my.domain.name/"; />
</head>