Nathan, Get a life...

Hmmm, you're the 2nd person in 24 hours to tell me that ;-)

 We chucked out many of these concepts (screen scraping, 5250
emulation, automated conversion) in 2003!
The little wiki page may have some historical appeal?

Are you sure you're not just torqued by my suggestion to to put Visual Studio on a separate list? We could include on that list any other tooling designed to migrate IBM i applications and data off IBM i. I suppose you could include PHP, Java EE, and Ruby on Rails on a list of alternative migration paths, but at least they CAN run on IBM i.

FWIW, I have a similar opinion about screen scraping, green-screen emulation, and automated conversion. And based on dialog on the list over the years, I suspect that you and I are not alone. Yes, they have historical appeal. On the other hand there seem to be a lot of people that either don't know how or can't afford to rewrite their applications.

Additional Category Options:

- Green Screen Emulation, Screen Scraping, Automated Conversion
- Open Access
- Mainstream (Java EE, PHP, Aspx.Net, Ruby on Rails)
- IBM i ILE / CGI
- CRUD Utilities (Little to No Programming Required)
- CRUD Application Generators

- Transform Templates into HTML streams
- Serve Sencha / JQuery Clients

-Nathan