why on earth not stay in that environment in stead of beginning
to complicate things by learning another server side language -

I've been doing a lot of RubyOnRails this past year and have been amazed at
how much time I've been able to save by not having to write everything from
scratch. Need to communicate with Amazon S3? Install paper-clip gem.
Need authentication complete with password reset and tons of other
features? Install Devise gem. Need unit testing of the model, view AND
controller? Pre-built for you with generation utilities. The list goes
on and on and on and on - literally.

One of the reasons to consider a different server-side language is to get
to market faster before you lose business. Like Todd I'd still stick with
IBM i and DB2, but there are times where adopting other languages and
frameworks can make sense.

FWIW, don't pursue Net.data - bad decision on many fronts. Like coming to
a party after everyone's left - still some meat and cheese to eat, and
maybe some watered down punch, but you missed the party and they ain't
coming back.

Aaron Bartell
www.MowYourLawn.com/blog
www.OpenRPGUI.com