I'm not saying to change your database or language where your business logic resides. I can’t think of a good reason that you ever want to do that. I'm referring only to the web server. Sorry if I was not clear enough on that point.

Thanks,
Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik Rützou
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 5:58 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Web Enabling Applications

Todd,

if your legacy code and application runs in RPG and if your DB is made in DDS why on earth not stay in that environment in stead of beginning to complicate things by learning another server side language - if you move to another platform you would have to "say goodbye" to all the legacy code anyway.

Extend your skills in the new WEB 2.0 arena that is basically OO javascript and UI client frameworks and don't waste your time in trying to make a "strategic" server language change on the server if the functionallity is already there in well known territory - to reach the moon dosn't require technology that is able to reach any star in the galaxcy.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Allen, Todd