From: Mike Pavlak
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 17:58
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Zend and V7R1

Hey Sean,

I don't mean to but in but maybe a couple of low hanging pieces of fruit.

1) Does the demo script work that comes with Zend Server? Works on mine. http://192.168.15.112:10088/Samples/MYSQL_access/mysql_access_example.php
2) Do you have the Hot fixes applied? There are 4 and one includes updates to PHP. Not sure if there is anything in there about MySQL, but you never know.
3) Is the MySQL extension enabled in the Zend Server admin interface? Server setup->Extensions->mysql
4) I'd assume MySQL is running and that you are using the same credentials since the app is working in Core.
5) If you are making any changes to my.cnf, please make them under the /usr/local/mysql/bin and there is more detail at http://forums.zend.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3924

Hope this helps!!!

Mike