Jack, right. The ExtFilterDefine directive is not accepted. What I don't
know is whether I need to use a specific LoadModule directive, or if the
module isn't supplied.

On 12/23/2011 8:38 AM, Jack Kingsley wrote:

If you add it, does it throw/error it out in your log file after you
recycle the server instance.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Peter Connell [1]<Peter.Connell@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Hmm,
I recall having to write one in C a while back but it never got to be used
in production.

-----Original Message-----
From: [2]web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [[3]mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Alan Seiden
Sent: Friday, 23 December 2011 12:00 p.m.
To: [4]web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WEB400] mod_ext_filter module for Apache?

Anyone know if the IBM i implementation of Apache HTTP Server includes
the
module "mod_ext_filter" (or equivalent) ? It's sometimes hard to find
Apache modules because they have different names on IBM i.

[1][5]http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_ext_filter.html

The mod_ext_filter module allows admins to define an external output
filter for HTTP content. We already have a DEFLATE filter that compresses
output, but mod_ext_filter would allow custom filters (any external
program) to be defined using the SetOutputFilter and ExtFilterDefine
directives. For example, I could tell Apache to post-process any web
server output through a PHP or Perl script, or Tidy to clean up the HTML,
etc.

Thanks!

Alan
--
Alan Seiden, PHP for IBM i Consultant and Developer
Zend Certified Engineer for Zend Framework