I dropped this last December after some give and take with IBM. But, I have been using Glassfish quite a bit on Windows and wanted to get it working on i so I could migrate. Turns out that the 3.1.1 version DOES work with IBM i in PASE. The issue resolved is here I think: http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-16890

I downloaded the aix zip version of Glassfish 3.1.1 and just expanded it to the IFS. I made some changes to the domain.xml file to point to the correct IP and ports I needed and I removed references to the -server and -client java directives (they had given me trouble before, so I commented them out). I changed the MaxPermSize as well ( -XX:MaxPermSize=384m ). That was about it. I am running Java 6, 32bit and I am pretty current on Group PTF's.

The Admin console came up (a little slow the first time) and although I haven't exercised it much, the big hurdle was the admin console. In my earlier attempts I could deploy apps but I could never get the console running. Now all seems well.

Just wanted to report in, in case someone else was wanting to give it a whirl..