I've just started working with CGIDEV2 and I have an input field that I
have to validate against a couple of iSeries files. This all works just
fine with the exception of the when I display an error message for the
field "fpolicy" is cleared. That is the reason I update back to that
html field, in hopes that would take care of it getting cleared.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is there another way I should be
doing this? I've scanned the archives and the web looking for clues on
what to do but I can't find anything that relates. I'm sure it's my own
ignorance but just don't see what I need to do to make this work.

Thanks and sorry for the noob question,
-- Jim Lowary

onChange="submitform('LOB');">
/%ptypeOpt%/
</select>&nbsp;
<input type="text" name="fpolicy" size="7" maxlength=7
onChange="submitform('Policy');">
&nbsp;
<Span class=errmsg>/%ErrMsgPol%/</Span>

C eval fnumb = zhbGetVarUpper('fpolicy')

C fnumb Chain LFMAST

C If Not(%found(LFMAST))

C fnumb Chain LFPEND

C If Not(%found(LFPEND))

C fnumb Chain LFNBLOG

C If Not(%found(LFNBLOG))

C Eval ErrMsgPol = 'Policy # not vaild. Correct
-
C and retry!!'

C EndIf

C EndIf

C EndIf

C EndIf

C callp UpdHtmlVar('fpolicy':fnumb)

C callp UpdHtmlVar('errmsgpol':errmsgpol)