From: Henrik Rützou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, May 12, 2011 9:15:05 AM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Mobile Development for the i

Hi Joe,

nice article, however I tends to disagree a little.

I work with products from www.Sencha.com <http://www.sencha.com/> and a lot
of "front end" javascript programmers
and yes it is OOjavascript, HTML5 and CSS3 - and it is correct that
frameworks that uses
these techniques dosn't directly supports local device resources when the
runs in a browser
- BUT - OOjavascript, HTML5 and CSS3 can be compiled into native binary
App's with support
for these local device resources.

So you can actual develop to both browsers and native App's in one common
SDK
such as Sencha Touch and then just compile the code into most native Apps at
your
choise with www.phonegap.com

IMO, this represents a whole new ballgame for the OOjavascript frameworks
and combine
this with SASS and Compass that introduces "program logic and variables"
into CSS3
you actually have common technique and programming language with rich
components
that covers all.